photo friday: giant tree

victoria square christmas treeIt always amazes me when you have those days where you don't really seem to do anything, but the day seems to have been fully occupied...

I organised some papers for a meeting this afternoon, made a few changes to the template we've been working on, pulled the crappy looking Christmas greeting La Ninj wanted to send out apart and turned it into something much better looking... and... well, actually, that's all I can really remember doing... weird.

On the upside, when H-San came back from the meeting The Powers That Be hadn't ripped the template to pieces... which is a bonus...

I got slightly overexcited at the Central Market at lunch... I stopped off at one of those crappy jewellery stalls to look at their el-cheapo watches and actually found one that I liked... well, enough to pay $18 for it anyway. And stand around while the girl behind the stall took a couple of links out of it for me so it wasn't falling off my wrist (actually it's still a touch loose, and while I like it like that, it may have to have another link taken out).

Then I picked up some interesting pearl earrings for Ma to replace the ones from her birthday that she managed to lose. Different, but interesting. And cheap, which always helps.

Actually, although I'm technically finished buying things for Ma, I'm half tempted to either buy her some replacement room fragrance stuff (Myer has three fragrances in a pack, smaller bottles than usual) or the last remaining Studio Ghibli movie (Porco Rosso). And I did see an inexpensive seahorse brooch, the only problem is that it's kinda blue... and a little bit on the bling side (so that's probably a no).

Sorry, just thinking out loud there...

On the general topic of spending... I ended up breaking the "no buying toy soldiers online" rule... well, it's toy soldier related wine... a whole case of the stuff in fact. Not all for me obviously, since I don't drink wine, but between us Ma and I can give away most of it.

And tomorrow may or may not lead to the acquisition of a new phone... so of course I'm having second and fifth and 127th thoughts...

Slight weirdness when I got home... there was a Christmas card in my letterbox... a card from, of all people, BlueDragon's mother. Although it's not as weird as it could have been, Ma got a card from her yesterday, so I was somewhat primed to see one in my letterbox... but still very odd since I haven't gotten a card from her in years and years and years. Plus unlike the last Christmas card she sent me that pushed more buttons than it should have, this one was barely worth the effort... no greeting or salutation, just my name, and no personal message... plus she put in brackets who she was after signing it off, as though I wouldn't remember.

She always was an odd cookie...

Current Mood:

No comments: